San Angelo Juvenile Defense Lawyer
In most criminal cases, people under the age of 17 are treated as juveniles in court. Even so, a felony or misdemeanor conviction can bring significant, unwanted consequences.
If your child has been charged with a misdemeanor or felony in West Central Texas, obtaining legal advice from an experienced juvenile defense lawyer can help you make good decisions about how to proceed. Our firm is ready to assist you in protecting your son or daughter’s legal rights.
Tom Green County Attorney For Underage Drinking And Drug Charges
At the office of Shawntell L. McKillop, Attorney at Law, in San Angelo, Texas, we can assist your child if he or she has been arrested and/or detained by law enforcement. Attorney McKillop represents juveniles who have been accused of criminal offenses of all kinds, providing strong representation in cases involving:
- Drug possession, distribution, delivery or manufacture
- Underage drinking (sometimes known as minor consumption or minor in possession) and driving under the influence (DUI) charges, which apply to drivers under the age of 21
- Sexual assault and other sex crimes accusations
- Assault charges related to fights at school and elsewhere
- Theft, burglary and shoplifting
- Vandalism, destruction of property and arson
- Allegations of terroristic threats
As your attorney, Shawntell McKillop will work strategically to help minimize the damage caused by a criminal charge against your son or daughter.
Time may be of the essence in your case. In some cases, retaining legal counsel prior to an appearance before a judge can make a difference in the outcome.
Depending on the circumstances and the type of offense, county diversion programs may be available to prevent a conviction and keep a young person’s record clean. We can advise you regarding all possible options for mitigating the impact of a criminal charge.
Student Defense Attorney In West Central Texas | Free Consultation
If you are seeking representation from a San Angelo juvenile defense attorney, contact our office. We offer a free, confidential consultation regarding accusations of juvenile crimes.