San Angelo Family Law Attorney
Nobody wants courts and attorneys involved in their marriage and family issues, but sometimes having proper legal guidance is a necessity. If you need the help of a lawyer in order to navigate the family court system, or you are hoping to avoid court altogether, it is important to hire a lawyer you trust.
Tom Green County Lawyer For Alimony, Spousal Support And Property Division
At the offices of Shawntell L. McKillop, Attorney at Law, in San Angelo, Texas, we have more than 15 years of experience helping clients through legal difficulties that deeply affect them and their families. Lawyer Shawntell L. McKillop offers supportive counsel and guidance regarding:
- Litigated and mediated divorces
- Alternatives to divorce
- Child custody and visitation disputes
- Child support, which is calculated based on factors that include both parents’ incomes, custody arrangements and children’s expenses
- Spousal support, also known as alimony and maintenance
- Family law issues faced by military service members and their spouses
- Modification of court orders related to custody and support, which can be necessary when circumstances have changed
- Stepparent adoption and other adoption matters
Reaching Amicable Outcomes Through Mediation
Family law issues are hard. Mediation can make things easier. Family law mediation involves the use of a neutral third party, an individual who helps two parties reach agreement on important aspects of their case. Mediation can help with divorce, property division, child custody, support payments and other matters.
We encourage our clients who are facing divorce to consider mediation as a way to keep tensions and costs down. Attorney Shawntell L. McKillop serves as a divorce mediator for couples who are able to work through issues in a non-adversarial manner.
Every family law challenge is different. We are here to listen to your concerns, explain what the law says about your situation and help you find solutions.
Contact The Firm For A Free Consultation
Seeking a San Angelo family law attorney with maturity and experience? Our firm can help you make informed decisions regarding your family law concerns. Contact our office for a free consultation. We accept credit cards.