San Angelo Military Divorce Lawyer
We Understand The Challenges Of Military Divorce And Family Issues
Family law issues can be confusing and stressful to sort out. If you or your spouse or former partner is in the military, things might seem even more complicated. You may be searching for a lawyer who fully understands how your military status impacts your life.
Our firm is experienced with the issues that can complicate a divorce, a child custody case or a child support or spousal support matter involving military personnel. Ultimately, we can help you understand and protect your legal rights.
Experienced Family Law Attorney Serving Goodfellow Air Force Base
At the offices of Shawntell L. McKillop, Attorney at Law, we represented military service members and spouses, including those affiliated with Goodfellow Air Force Base. San Angelo military divorce attorney Shawntell L. McKillop can help you answer questions about:
- The division of property
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support and alimony
- The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA)
- How to deal with family law issues while you or your spouse is deployed
- Retirement and medical benefits
- Logistical difficulties involving one parent moving due to a transfer, deployment or another issue
- Travel issues and the cost of travel when parents live far away from each other
- The “10-10 rule” and the “20-20 rule,” which concern years of service and years of marriage
Our firm has handled many cases involving military divorce, custody, child and spousal support, and the division of military benefits. We will help you make the resolution of your legal matter as easy as possible. We regularly communicate with service members using Skype and other electronic means.
Contact The Firm | Free Consultation
If you need knowledgeable advice about important military family law matters, we can provide it. Contact our office for a free consultation. Our offices are located in San Angelo, Texas.